$16.99 US Dollars
One set of Dog Tags includes:
2 Indent Stamped, Notched Stainless Steel Tags
1 Stainless Steel 27″ chain, Made in the USA
1 Stainless Steel 5.5″ chain, Made in the USA
2 Black Silencers
Free First-Class US Mail Shipping
- WWII Notched dog tags are only available in Traditional Stainless Steel.
- We automatically use Indent text (letters are stamped downward) on WWII dog tags. Indent is the standard text used during WWII. If you prefer another text option, please note it in the Comments.
- For 1945 and after, the last name was listed first followed by a comma and then the first name.
- Most service numbers were 8-digit numbers starting with a “3”. An “O” at the beginning of the number indicates Officer.
- The year the tetanus shot was given to the soldier is listed after a “T”. It’s usually the same year the soldier enters military service. For 1945 dog tags, the tetanus booster shot was not listed on dog tags, only the initial tetanus shot.
- The choices for blood type during WWII are: A, B, AB or O . The Rh factor of POS or NEG was NOT included.
- The next of kin’s name and address are not listed on Lines 3-5.
- The choices for religious preference were designated by the single letter C, P, or H. C (Catholic), P (Protestant) and H (Jewish). Those were the only choices.