$14.99 US Dollars
One set of Dog Tags includes:
2 Stamped, Stainless Steel Dog Tags, Made in the USA
1 Stainless Steel 27″ chain, Made in the USA
1 Stainless Steel 5.5″ chain, Made in the USA
2 Black Silencers, not shown
Free First-Class US Mail Shipping
- Vietnam Era dog tags usually did not have the Notch.
- We automatically use Indent text (letters are stamped downward, military standard) on Vietnam Era dog tags. If you prefer another text option, please note it in the Comments.
- There are no lower case letters. All text stamped with upper case letters (military standard).
- USMC Vietnam Era dog tags were stamped with the hole on the right (50%) or the left (50%)
- Last name is stamped on line 1. The first name initial and the middle initial are stamped on line 2 usually in the following format X.X. (periods between the letters, no spaces).
- Service number for USMC Vietnam Era dog tags was 7 digits long.
- The choices for blood type during the Vietnam Era: A, B, AB or O . The Rh factor of POS or NEG was usually not included.
- The letters USMC were stamped on line 4 without periods. The gas mask sizes were XS, S, M, L, or XL. The USMC is the only branch of service that puts gas mask size on the dog tags.
- The religious preference was written as a complete or abbreviated word. All forms of religion accepted.
- If you have Notched dog tags issued during Vietnam, then order through the Korea Era page.
- Don’t worry about having the exact format. The data presented here was taken from actual dog tags that we have seen. As long as you have the above stated information, your dog tags will be extremely close. Also, the years stated are general guidelines. Your actual unit’s dog tags may vary earlier or later.