$14.99 US Dollars
One set of Dog Tags includes:
2 Stamped, Stainless Steel Dog Tags, Made in the USA
1 Stainless Steel 27″ chain, Made in the USA
1 Stainless Steel 5.5″ chain, Made in the USA
2 Black Silencers, not shown
Free First-Class US Mail Shipping
- Vietnam Era dog tags usually did not have the Notch.
- IF YOU HAD NOTCHED DOG TAGS ISSUED DURING VIETNAM, THEN ORDER THROUGH THE Korea Era page.
- We automatically use Indent text (letters are stamped downward, military standard) on Vietnam Era dog tags. If you prefer another text option, please note it in the Comments. There are no lower case letters. All text stamped with upper case letters (military standard).
- Air Force Vietnam Era dog tags were stamped with the hole on the right. Last name is stamped on line 1 and the first name, middle initial stamped on line 2. Does vary. Sometimes both last name and first name are stamped on line 1.
- Service numbers for the Air Force during this time were 8 digit numbers with the letters AF in front.
- The year the tetanus shot was given is shown on Air Force Vietnam dog tags. Can be shown as TXX, (XX=year) , T-XX (with a dash) or T XX (space in between). The choices for blood type during the Vietnam Era: A, B, AB or O. The Rh factor of POS or NEG was usually included.
- The religious preference was written as a complete word, usually not abbreviated. All forms of religion accepted.
- Don’t worry about having the exact format. The data presented here was taken from actual dog tags that we have seen. As long as you have the above stated information, your dog tags will be extremely close. Also, the years stated are general guidelines. Your actual unit’s dog tags may vary earlier or later.